Ensemble PHACE’s album Wrestling Samoa features works for saxophone & ensemble and saxophone & electronics by Bernhard Lang, Jorge Sánchez-Chiong, Ricardo Nillni, Germán Toro-Perez.
- Ensemble PHACE
- Lars Mlekusch, saxophone.
- Simeon Pironkoff, conductor.
- Duo Saxophonic (Lars Mlekusch, saxophone; Florian Bogner, electronics).
- Jorge Sánchez-Chiong, turntable.
- Bernhard Lang: DW 24 for saxophone and ensemble (2014).
- Ricardo Nillni: Concerto liquido for saxophone and ensemble (2013).
- Germán Toro-Pérez: Signos oscilantes (verworren und schwankend) for saxophone and electronics (2012).
- Jorge Sánchez-Chiong: Wrestling Samoa for saxophone, turntable and ensemble (2012).
For me, the collaborative process with composers, resulting in a new work, is the greatest and most exciting thing that life can offer a musician. I am delighted and thankful that this production, together with the fantastic Ensemble PHACE, conductor Simeon Pironkoff and these composers, was possible and that it will be the first release on the PHACE label.